THE GIVING TREE
© 1986 by Shel Silverstein

Synopsis
A classic book for all ages—for mothers and fathers! A moving parable about the gift of giving and the capacity to love, told throughout the life of a boy who grows to manhood and a tree that selflessly gives him her bounty through the years.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Blackberry Torch Locks Phone After Every Call (AT&T)


I have a password set-up in security settings, so that when I holster the phone or a certain amount of time passes, it will enter lock mode.  This accomplishes two things: first, it protects the information on your phone* and second, it prevents me from "butt dialing" anyone while the phone is in my pocket or in the leather holster.


I, however, just stumbled upon a MAJOR quirk- every single time that I am on a phone call (incoming and outing), the phone immediately "Locks" itself, requiring a password to get back into it.  This is extremely disruptive and previously I hadn't noticed.  Though, today, I had a few short, but important calls that I planned to make or receive one after another.  This is a very strange quirk and after spending 30 minutes on Google I have not found a solution.  

There are many people that are asking in forums and such about a solution (hopefully somewhere in the settings it happens to be an option), but I did not find one single reply to the user complaints anywhere.  I am going to spend a bit more time on it, but after another few minutes, I will just open a trouble ticket with RIM (the makers of the Blackberry devices) and/or AT&T.

If you happen to know the solution, please feel free to comment on this page!  It will help me out tremendously.

____________________________________________________________
*The amount of protection that the Blackberry password feature does not necessarily do a great job of securing your data.  It is highly dependent on what you've installed on the phone, other phone security settings and many other factors.  If someone picks up your phone to get a peek at who you are sending txt msgs to, it will stop them - but if you're selling military equipment to Iran and the DoD wants your phone data, they'll get it - and probably within seconds.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for asking - it's really annoying!
    Waiting for a solution also

    ReplyDelete
  2. also waiting for a solution... mine just started doing this last week... never a problem before... grrrrrr

    ReplyDelete